Trust or Transfer of Ownership

What if I want to transfer my property into a trust or the ownership to my spouse or children?

What do I need to do?

  • By Phone: call our Customer Service Department at 888-480-2432, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CT), Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CT) and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CT).
  • By email:
  • By Fax: (972) 459-1611
  • By Mail: PO Box 612488 Dallas, TX 75261-2488

What documents does Mr. Cooper need?

  • Deed or quit claim deed - This document is used to validate that you are an owner of the property.
  • Document that transfers ownership to a spouse or children - These documents are used to validate that the property was transferred to your spouse or child.
  • Trust Documents – These documents are used to validate that the property was transferred into a Trust.
  • Evidence of Family Relationship – Examples of these documents could include a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc. and are used to validate your relationship to the borrower.

Why does Mr. Cooper need these documents?

Transferees may qualify for successor in interest status which would allow them access to information related to this loan. However, in order to confirm this status we need to be provided a copy of any deeds related to the transfer, any evidence of family relationship (i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate, or other documents), and/or any Trust documents, if applicable.

How soon should I send the documents?

Time is of the essence to provide you proper access to the account and be able to provide you options that are available to you.