Adding an Escrow Account to Your Mortgage Payment
First, let’s understand what an escrow account is and why it can be helpful.
Basically, having an escrow account is all about convenience. It means that you never have to worry about when property tax and insurance bills are due, because we make the payments for you.
Requesting an Escrow Account
- Message Center: Select the envelope icon in the upper-left corner, once you are signed in.
- Email: ResearchIncoming@mrcooper.com
PO Box 612488
Dallas, TX 75261
- Fax: 972-459-1611
- Phone: 833-685-2565
We’ll send you a projection of future escrow disbursements—which includes your new monthly payment amount—and an agreement that you must sign and return by the date listed in the cover letter.
- You must physically sign the agreement (no digital signatures) but you can send it back via email or mail.
- These documents will be sent to you via email if you made the request that way or if your account is Paperless. Otherwise, we’ll mail them.
- You’ll need to notify us of any insurance changes and provide the mortgagee clause to your insurance company.
If you would like to request removal of your escrow account at a later date, you can learn about escrow removal here.