When We’ll Pay Your Property Taxes
If your loan is escrowed, you can count on us to pay your taxes on time.
- Your escrow account will be debited about 10 business days before the delinquency date, and we’ll let you know when that happens.
Many taxing authorities allow grace periods for payments.
- Grace periods are stretches of time after a due date, but before the delinquency date, when you can still get your payment in without penalty.
The delinquency date is the last date that taxes can be paid before there is a penalty added.
- If, on the off chance, we miss the delinquency deadline, we’ll cover the difference and reimburse the penalty amount into your escrow account.
Some tax authorities even offer “early payment discounts.”
- If you’re eligible for these, we’ll always try make your payments in time to get them.
- If, on the off chance, we miss the discount deadline, we’ll cover the difference and reimburse the missed discount amount into your escrow account.