Notification of a Divorce

How do I notify Mr. Cooper that I have been awarded the property in my divorce?

What do I need to do?

If you have been awarded the property through a divorce and want to be authorized to obtain loan information you should notify Mr. Cooper by one of the 4 following methods:

    • By Phone: call our Customer Service Department at 888-480-2432, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CT), Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CT) and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CT).
    • By email:
    • By Fax: (972) 459-1611
    • By Mail: PO Box 612488 Dallas, TX 75261-2488

What documents does Mr. Cooper need?

  • Divorce Decree - This document is used to validate which party was awarded the property in the divorce. This must be signed by a judge awarding the property to one spouse.

Why does Mr. Cooper need these documents?

You may qualify for successor in interest status which would allow you access to information related to the loan. However, in order to confirm this status we need to be provided a copy of the divorce decree awarding you the property, as well as any deeds related to the same, if available.

How soon should I send the documents?

Time is of the essence to provide you proper access to the account and be able to provide you options that are available to you.