How an Account Transfer Impacts You
Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind about your transfer:
- There are no late fees or negative reporting to the credit bureaus during the first 60 days after your transfer.
- This transfer has no impact on your credit rating.
- If you had an escrow account with your previous servicer, we’ll continue to make your tax and insurance payments promptly.
- There could be some changes in your fees. For more details, review our complete list of fees.
- The terms of your loan remain exactly the same.
- This means your interest rate, monthly principal and interest payment, and repayment timeframe are all identical to what they were with your previous servicer.
- If you had a workout or modification plan with your previous servicer, we’ll continue it. Just allow us up to 30 days from your transfer date to get all of your account information.
- If you were in the middle of selling or refinancing your home when the transfer occurred, you can request a payoff quote once your information is in our system.
- Your previous servicer is required to forward us any payments you make to them for 60 days after your transfer date.
Note: Once 60 days have passed from your transfer date, please be sure your payments are sent directly to us at the new address provided in your Welcome Packet.
Whether you prefer to make payments by mail, phone, online, or by automatic draft, we’ve got you covered. For more information, please view our complete list of payment options.