Requesting FHA/VA Case Number Transfer or Release

Mr. Cooper adheres to all guidance by FHA & VA when transferring case numbers and/or appraisals.

Here’s how to request the transfer of an FHA or VA case number from Mr. Cooper:

  1. Download and complete the Case Transfer Request Form.

  2. Obtain a signed letter from the borrower requesting the transfer.

    - The borrower letter must be signed by the borrower and must specifically ask for the case number to be transferred to the lender on the Case Transfer Request Form. A blanket copy of an authorization for verifications will not be sufficient.

  3. Email the completed Case Transfer Request Form and signed letter to

Note: Turnaround time is approximately 2 business days.

Note: The borrower must contact Mr. Cooper to cancel their loan application before the case number can be transferred.