Insurance Claim Check Process

When a disaster strikes your home, your insurance company may issue an insurance claim check, which can also be called loss draft funds. A claim check is meant to cover various costs, including repairs.

  • If the insurance claim check is sent to us:

    • We may endorse it and send it to you to complete the repairs, depending on the loan status and the amount of the insurance funds; or
    • If the total claim is over $40,000, or the account is delinquent, we may instead deposit it and distribute the amount to you incrementally, as repairs are completed.
  • If you get an insurance claim check, please endorse the check and send it to us. You can visit for more information. You can also call our Loss Draft Department at 866-825-9302 to learn more.