Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Here’s a question we get pretty often around here: “Is Mr. Cooper a real mortgage company?” We can understand the confusion. Mr. Cooper isn’t a normal name. That’s because we’re not a normal mortgage company. We believe in keeping things simple and always putting people first. We also prefer to spend our money improving our customers’ lives rather than putting our name on stadiums. So even though we’re one of the largest mortgage companies in the U.S.—with more than 4 million customers and 25+ years of experience—we still like to think of ourselves as your friendly, neighborhood mortgage servicer.
If you haven’t heard of us before, here’s a little bit about us.
What type of mortgage company is Mr. Cooper?
Mr. Cooper is primarily a mortgage servicer. That means we process payments, handle escrow accounts, and generally take care of the day-to-day housekeeping of our customers’ mortgages. Here are a few stats we’re particularly proud of:
- Over 4.1 million customers1
- Largest non-bank servicer in the U.S.2
- 3rd largest servicer in the U.S.2
- Top 20 home loan originator in the U.S.2
- Over 25 years in the mortgage industry
- Solid industry reviews: 4.1-star rating on TrustPilot3; 4.91 rating with Zillow3; 4.8 rating with Bankrate4; 4.5 rating with LendingTree5
Who owns Mr. Cooper?
Mr. Cooper is owned by Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (NASDAQ: COOP), a publicly traded company since 2012.
What kinds of loans does Mr. Cooper offer?
We offer a variety of loan types, including:
- Purchase loans for homebuyers
- Cash-out refinances
- Conventional loans
- FHA and FHA Streamline loans
- VA and VA IRRRL loans
- Traditional refinances
- Jumbo loans
How do I contact Mr. Cooper?
- Website: Visit mrcooper.com to try our chat feature. Customers can sign in to their online account for additional chat support.
- Message Center: Customers can also sign in to their online accounts to access our Message Center.
For written correspondence:
PO Box 619098
Dallas, TX 75261
For payments only:
PO Box 650783
Dallas, TX 75265
- Visit our Contact Us page for more options.
Where are Mr. Cooper office locations?
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (headquarters)
- Lake Forest, CA
- Longview, TX
- Chandler, AZ
- Coral Gables, FL
- Chennai, India
- Bengaluru, India
For more information visit mrcooper.com.
Tradenames and trademarks used in this blog post are the property of their respective owners. Nationstar Mortgage LLC d/b/a Mr. Cooper is not affiliated, associated, or sponsored by any of these owners. Use of these names and trademarks is not intended to and does not imply endorsement but is for identification purposes only. Information provided does not necessarily represent the views of Mr. Cooper. Information is subject to change without notice.
1. As of Mar. 31, 2023
2. According to Inside Mortgage Finance as of December 31, 2022
3. Rating as of May 19, 2023
4. As of May. 17, 2023
5. As of Dec. 9, 2022